1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
grated rind of one lemon
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk (or 1/4 yogurt & 1/4 milk combination)
2 cups of fresh blueberries, washed, drained and picked over
3 tsp sugar & 1/4 tsp cinnamon (mixed)
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cream the butter and 1 cup of sugar (or less) until light.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and lemon rind.
4. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk/yogurt starting and ending with the flour. Mix just until incorporated.
5. Wash the blueberries and lightly dry. Crush 1/2 cup blueberries with a fork, and mix into the batter. Toss the remaining 1 1/2 cups of berries in flour, shake off the excess flour and fold the berries into the batter. This will keep them distributed in the batter and not at the bottom of each muffin.
6. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and fill using an ice-cream scoop or spoon. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mix on the tops. Bake at 375F for about 20-25 minutes till lightly browned.
7. Remove from tin and cool 30 minutes. Store uncovered.